Covid-19 Update 7 July
Current as of 7 July 2020 from IWSNA
Last Friday Netball NSW provided us with the attached documents in response to the Public Health Order issued on 30 June which included restrictions that community sporting activities could have no more than 500 participants. As you can imagine, at each timeslot of our competition we would have in excess of 500 just with players and team officials.
You will see from the Netball NSW memo that they attended a meeting late Friday afternoon with NSW Health to clarify the position and the way forward so netball could continue.
What does this mean for Inner West?
We will be required to provide a detailed safety plan outlining sectioned off areas (that limit the number of people in each separate section. Details of the safety plan will include:
1. The sectioned off areas which will be separated by bollards and tape (or similar) e.g. 8 courts in a section
2. Teams must be provided with maps of their sections and the preferred entry/exit points
3. Access to courts will be mapped out and foot traffic will be one way to limit unnecessary contact
4. Sufficient time must be allowed for teams & officials to exit the grounds after their games
5. Sufficient time must be allowed for teams & officials to enter the grounds for the start of their games
6. The ladies toilets will be signed with one entrance and one exit
7. No BBQ's permitted
8. Canteen will be open and run by people allocated by the Association
9. Limit the number of spectators permitted at games
There are other items that we will be required to submit in our safety plan which will be submitted to Netball NSW tomorrow for approval. They then pass the plan to NSW Health for final approval.
We anticipate the steps we plan to take will be sufficient and we will be able to get sign off of our safety plan and the green light to continue with our competition. We will obviously keep everyone informed should this position change. At this stage we are very much gearing up for18 July start as planned.
I have also attached revised start and match times for your information - these have been modified slightly to allow for the get in/get out requirements and obviously if and when the restrictions are eased and/or lifted we will revert to our normal start and match times. Important items to note - there will be NO injury time played and there will be NO 2 minute warning buzzer.
Teams wishing to warm up and cool down will need to relocate to the grass areas at the northern end of Cintra Park; use the ovals across the canal if there are no football fixtures. Teams will not be allowed to enter the court areas and/or section until their allocated times.
We know this is going to be a bit challenging but if we all follow the rules we can make this work and get on with enjoying our netball.
Thank you for all your continued support and patience and please come back to me if you have any questions
0419 434 982