The "playing up" rule explianed
A reminder to ALL Coaches & Managers.
- A player may not play below their registered grade.
- Players may play in three games of a higher grade than originally graded and still revert back to their original grade, but on playing the fourth game in a higher grade must stay in the fourth team. Player becomes ineligible to play below that grade.
- Players who are playing up from a lower grade must have their details noted on the score sheet and their photo identification card must be sighted.
- When fielding more than one (1) team within a grade, teams shall not interchange players across the same grades.
- Junior players are not permitted to play more than 2 age divisions greater than their current age with the exception of 14 year olds (in the year of competition) who may play in all grades of the Cadet division.
- Eligible players may participate in up to two games in any one competition round. No more than two (2) players from any lower grades may participate in any one game.
COVID SEASON ONLY
- When fielding more than one (1) team within a grade, teams are permitted to interchange players across the same grades. All other playing up rules still apply.
If you have any questions please e-mail a club official. If anyone is in doubt to rulings before, during or after games please contact an FDAS Executive member for clarification.